Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Pics from Holiday Festivities

Contribution and Abundance: Dictated by Suzi

What I have discovered is that contribution and abundance comes from being a part of community. Without community all there is is individual ego fighting one another and fighting itself - struggling. Particularly in the past 9 months, I have found that people want to contribute to us and make a difference but don't know how. There is abundance everywhere. People want to give; flowers and food and love and everything that is coming into this house is abundance through the community being celebrated in this house. My son is here from Perth for three weeks. People just want to give and the letting go is surrendering to that. It's not difficult. It natural in humans to give but somewhere along the line it got distorted and turned into competition and anger. So, my legacy is that I set an example for what is possible for human beings. This isn't just about me. It's about a global conversation. People have been brought together from all over the world through my illness. My son has met his family. He's found a new brother and sister and father.

I want to acknowledge all the friendships that I've made these past four years, and say that I haven't been present to all the love that was there until I opened the door. And now it's just flooding in. These pictures of our parties don't begin to express the extent of the deluge.

As my life is winding down, I'm getting weaker and weaker, but my spirit is still strong. And, I have three wonderful men to support me - Terry, Web and Steve. And, all my angels, too. The come in everyday and do what everyone needs to be done - massages, bathing and having me be comfortable so the transition is peaceful. I have a blessed life.

I love to hear from you and read your comments. This is affecting your lives and your families. Are you going to carry this forward? Let me know how.

Until next week lots of love from all of us to all of you,

Suuz

__________________________________________


Hi all. Techie team again. Suzi is not coming downstairs to the computer these days so I'll post some photos of our recent visits of her cousin Liz and son Steve as well as some of the hijinx going on around here in our celebrations of the Thanksgiving holidays and Suzi's life. You should all be certain that Suzi feels so lucky to be the center of all your thoughts and attention. She said that the last few days have been "perfect". She's blessed by us all as we have been by her and we have been blessed by your support in giving her such a graceful transition.

Thank you.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Dear Suz and your amazing team/family,
How wonderful to see the pictures and to share in the love and joy in your journey, Suz.

We think of you everyday and carry you in our hearts. Your gift is one of being and it is shining ever so brightly! Only 20 days til your official birthday...but go ahead and celebrate today and everyday! Love is forever, Sandy and Lon

Helen said...

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing these. In particular of course my favorite is the belly art... Soozie we love you and cherish every single day with you!

The Rowdy Girl said...

Hi Suz!

I hear you're getting about a foot of snow where you are. Everything here looks like a Christmas card, everywhere you look.

Thanks to your team for sharing those wonderful photos of oh so many of us who love you.

Richard is in OR getting his new guide dog. Zane was retired in September - he decided he wanted to be a pet and not a working stiff! He went back to his puppy raisers in LA and now wear sunglasses and bathes in the sun all day.

The new dog is a female black lab named Parka (appropriate for Colorado, no?!) and she is spectacular. They are training together non-stop for two weeks and will be home on 12/15. We can't wait to meet her.

In the meantime, his mom, Margaret (you met her at the Silpada party), our little doggie, Cuzzie, and I, are keeping the home fires burning.

We think of you often and you are always in our prayers. Love to Terry, too.

Peace and Love, Claudia & Richard Faubion

Unknown said...

Fabulous photos of you Suzi and your amazing team. The one of The Sooz at the beginning is lovely and I swear I have never seen a bigger or more beautiful smile. It was good to see photos of some of the family and team too. The snowy pictures brought back memories of winter in Denver - we could do with some snow here to cool us down in sweltering Queensland - it is hot, sticky with tropical thunderstorms most days. May peace be with you. Love Sue

Noodsy said...

To My Dearest Aunty Suzi,

It sure has been an amazing experience for me in the short time I've known you : )

I think about what's going on in the world right now and hope that the legacy you've given us will be carried by us all and shared amongst the people we know and love. Then furthermore to the people we don't know but can see need our love, help and support.

Your photos show no sign of weakness in your spirit, and a strength in character I can only hope to learn and grow from.

I know my life will never be the same for meeting you Aunty Suzi, thankyou for what you've done for us. You are truly a gift to everyone that has had the fortune of meeting you.

A special thanks to my mother Karen also for never giving up on her quest to find you, we have all gained immensely from having you in our lives.

I wish I could be there to see you, but unfortunately not. Until we meet again...

My love to you for an eternity : )

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Nathan

Tabby said...

Hey , Suzi so nice to see you so happy with your Family. Your smile says it all! You have been in my thoughts lately.I was just sharing with my girls on our drive home about your journey! Sharing the wisdom that you are sharing. What you said about struggling really keeps coming up. Now I catch my self and remember to be grateful, there is always something there to be thankful for. So, listening to you savor every moment with joy is really a awesome reminder for me to do the same . Thank You for that. Grateful to be your friend, ... I really had plans to acomplish great things with you in our LFI business. I will keep all your wise words and coaching with me every step of the way. No pitty parties for me I promise!
Its like your sunflowers spreading there seeds and making new flowers, or the ripple effect that keeps getting bigger and spreading, the words you are sharing will continue on . I just got a card from a friend with a quote from Emerson that reads
" WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART THAT EVERYDAY IS
THE BEST DAY IN THE YEAR" I thought of you . Lots of love to you , Tabby

jyoti said...

Suzi, you continue to inspire and bring joy to those around you as you wind down from this earthly journey and accept what is. I am so deeply touched and moved by you and by the courage, strength and amazing wisdom that you continue to display through what I can only imagine to be a tough time. But you continue to demonstrate your light and I was struck by your luminosity in the photos...
I am away to Oz for Xmas to get some real sunshine and visit my Mum, family, friends etc. and I will be sure to take you with me in my heart.
I'm so glad we met on the bus from the airport and have become friends. You have made a difference in my life and I hope that I have added something to yours.
I love that you and friends are enjoying the warm red sofa you bought from me before I left Boulder. Your thanksgiving looks awesome.
I love you, Suzi, Jyoti