Saturday, December 13, 2008

Final Resting Place

Hi All,
Exhausted from the party that made the Niwot Ranch feel like a Tokyo subway at rush hour and a late night performance of the Blee Blues Experience, Steve, Terry, Sancho, and Web took Suzi's ashes to their final resting spot in Buckingham Park this afternoon.


View Larger Map


View Larger Map

It was warm and partly overcast in the foothills as it will when its snowing on the other side of the continental divide and the moist air descends to Boulder. We took along a nice little evergreen tree that Michelle Wheat had brought as the first of our "Chrissy Decos". Deciding to plant Suzi's ashes and the tree in a less traffic-ed spot, we made a fairly comical scramble across a low rock dam in the creek (about 30 feet wide). Nobody survived with completely dry shoes. Terry took the first of three near headers into the partially ice covered Lefthand Creek almost losing our tree to the current. Quick action by Steve-o aka Blee-Boy saved the plan. We found a small clearing just a few feet from the stream covered in tall but dried grass and, as Terry said, "put Suzi to her final task" of growing the tree tall and strong next to this babbling creek. Due to the hijinks only one ornament remained on the tree - an angel sitting on a sled bearing a gift - to remind us of the gift that she has been to us.

After more keystone cops on the way back over the dam, we took Steve on a short tour of our more "interesting" mountain towns, Ward, in the area with a stop at the Millsite Inn for a pitcher of local microbrew beer and lunch. Then all returned home for a well deserved nap. Enjoy your nap too, Sooz.

2 comments:

Noodsy said...

Wow!

I'll have what she's having : )

A famous quote and who could ask for a more remarkable send off.

I know I've never met any of you, but from the bottom of my heart I can't thank you all enough for the way you have all handled what was such a special time in Suzi's life.

I only met Suzi a couple of times, but I know in that time no one has made such an impact on my life.

My mother has talked of finding her long lost half sister ever since I can remember and with the amazing power of the internet I feel so lucky to have met her and spend the time with her that I did as short as it was.

As insignificant as I am to the bigger picture I just wanted to say thank you to you all for your bravery, courage and strength through all this as I know it meant a lot to my mother after her relentless search to find Suzi.

Thank you to everyone that made Suzi's passing to the other side such a wonderful and loving time for her : )

I can only hope that the final chapter in my life has such a beautiful ending.

Nathan

Helen said...

My photos here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/kearneyh/SuziSMemorial?authkey=YEERwMmy-m4#